Hello, burritos! Today I have quite the exciting post for you. Even more exciting than a stock up on cupcakes and we all love our cupcakes.
If you’ve been around for the blogosphere a decent while, you might’ve heard of The Summer Bored Games. They were originally hosted by Megan, Allison, K.A., and Clara, however – they’re retired for this year. So, today, Laura and I are hosting it together as a duo. :D
The Summer Bored Games is exactly what it sounds like: 140 challenges for you to have fun in the last few weeks of summer. You also have an opportunity to win some wonderful prizes, and who doesn’t love a prize?
Laura has been an absolute pleasure to work with so be sure to visit her blog and hand her a cinnamon roll.
Laura and I will alternate posting a list of 35 challenges every week for the month of August. There’ll be 140 challenges in total and we hope you enjoy each of them! (Even if there aren’t any pretzels.) Each challenge has a certain point value which you receive after you’ve completed it. For example:
If the challenge was Go Outside and it was worth 1 point, you would get 1 point for completing it. Pretty straightforward, but feel free to ask any questions you want.
You get one week to complete the challenges that we posted. After that week, the challenges you do on that last will not count for points. However, feel free to do them just for the kick of it
In every SBG post we put up, we’ll link a survey where you can check off all the challenges you did. We’ll tally up your points to determine which tier you belong in for a chance to win a prize. (More on that in a moment. ;) )
Ooh, okay. So, if you want to earn even more points, you can submit up to 5 pictures for each week. Each picture gets you 3 points. Feel free to enter as many pictures as you want, but know that only the first five will be counted for points.
Oh boy. Now for the fun part.
We’ll be using a three-tier system. If you have a certain point total, you’ll be entered into one of the tiers. Each tier (anybody know a synonym for tier) has a prize (or two) assigned to it. So, basically:
- You complete 140 challenges and based on how many you’ve done, you’ll have a certain point total
- Based on your point total, you’ll be entered into a tier along with everybody else who has that point total
- Each tier has a prize linked to it
- We’ll shuffle all the names in each tier to pick the winner for each tier
If you finish with 0-50 points, you will not be entered into prize tier.
If you finish with 351+ points, you will be entered to win the tier 1 prize: A custom portrait from Sarah Lowe Design, a houseplant snail mail kit from Peach and Poppy Co., and an enamel pin from Audrey’s Artistry Shop!
For example: If I had 200 points, I’d be entered into the Tier 3 prize along with all the other 51-200 point burritos. Then, all the names in Tier 3 would be shuffled and the winner would get the Tier 3 prize!
Lemme know if you have any questions at all.
We’ll also be including a review of all these lovely shops along with each week’s challenge list. Thank you very much to each of them for working with us!
Sign-Up Post – Laura & Enni on July 29th
Challenge Post #1 – Enni on August 5 (+ review of tier one items)
Challenge Post #2 – Laura on August 12 (+ review of tier two items)
Challenge Post #3 – Enni on August 19 (+ review of tier three items)
Challenge Post #4 – Laura on August 26
Challenge Winners – Laura & Enni on September 2
- This challenge is open to worldwide participants. You have to be between the ages of 10-20 to participate.
- Make sure to get a parent’s permission before signing up if you are under the age of 18! (We need your address to send you your prizes)
- Only sign up once, on one of the hosts’ blogs.
- Sign up to participate in the Summer Bored Games with the contact form below! (If you’re on the WordPress Reader, you won’t be able to see the contact form unless you go to my actual website.)
- If you don’t want to compete for a prize, that’s fine! Just click the checkbox so we can sort you out and give the people who do want prizes a fairer chance. ;)